Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Intro to Me

Hi there!  My name is Ben Floyd and I am really quite awesome.  Since this is my first blog entry I figure I'll introduce myself and let you know a little bit about what you can look forward to in the coming days, week, and years.

First off the name of my blog is called Floydian Theory.  Why?  Because it sounds like Freudian Theory, but since my last name is Floyd...well, there you have it.  No deep seated sexual aggression manifesting, I just thought it was clever.

Who am I that you should read my blog?  I am a lover of many things, video games, movies, music, books, art, and animation.  I am an aspiring game designer, but I have so many interests that it's hard to focus on one thing for longer than...what was I talking about?  Which is the main focus of this blog.  I want to get everything that interests me out of my head and onto the web-o-sphere and maybe my brain won't be so cluttered that I can actually focus on making great games.

What will be on the most excellent of blogs known as Floydian Theory?  Whatever I think of putting on here.  I get in moods where I'll focus on gaming, writing reviews, bitching about how the game industry is a bunch of sellouts, you know...fun stuff.  Then I'll watch a movie and want to talk about it because it was so bad or because it was so awesome.  Then I'll show you awesome drawings that I found on the interweb.  Then I'll talk about the latest book I've read.  Maybe I'll even show you some of my own artwork.  Most of all I'll just be talking, waxing philosophical, and blubbering about whatever is on my mind at the moment I sit down at my keyboard.

This sounds too awesome to be true, I know.  You might be thinking that no one man can be so awesome as to talk about all these things and doubt that I even exist.  Well, let me prove there is a picture of a dude in a Batman shirt, which might prove that I exist.

Oh no!  My secret identity is revealed!

No comments:

Post a Comment